A man in his 30s has escaped injury following a shooting in the Toome area.
Detectives in Antrim are appealing for information following the incident in the Elver Avenue area in the early hours of Sunday.
At approximately 12.25am, police received a report that damage had been caused to a window of a house by a shot being fired.
A man aged in his 30s, who was in the house at the time, was not injured in the incident.
The incident has been condemned by local councillors Neil Kelly and Henry Cushinan, who described it as a “reckless act”.
“I condemn those responsible and I ask that they immediately desist from any further attacks on this man or his home. There can be no justification for this shooting, the use of guns was wrong and not wanted or helpful to our community,” Cllr. Cushinan said.
The Sinn Fein councillor added: “This was a reckless and unnecessary act. Fortunately, no-one has been hurt.
“Anyone with any information should bring it forward to the PSNI so that those responsible can be held to account and not repeat this sort of attack.”
Cllr. Kelly also urged those with information on the incident to contact police.
“There can be no justification for this attack. There is no place for guns on our streets,” Cllr. Kelly said.
The Alliance Councillor added: “Somebody could have been killed or seriously injured. The people responsible are a bunch of thugs who have no regard for the lives of other people.
“I would urge anybody with any information about this shooting to contact the police.”
Anyone with any information about this incident is asked to contact CID in Antrim Police Station on the new non-emergency number 101.
Or if someone would prefer to provide information without giving their details, they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers and speak to them anonymously on 0800 555 111.